On November 12, 2013 Mike was presented with a PMI-SAC Fellow award at the PMI-SAC Awards Gala. The Fellow Award recognizes and honours members who have made sustained and significant contributions to the project management profession and the Institute for more than a decade.
Mike was recognized for his work developing agile project management techniques and promoting agile project management including:
- Co-author “Using DSDM with PRINCE2” white paper 2000
- Presenting on “Utilizing Agile Methods alongside the PMBOK Guide” at the PMI Global Congress 2004
- Teaching the 2 day course “Agile Project Management” as part of the PMI SeminarsWorld training program 2005-2013
- Contributions to the PMBOK Guide v3, v4 and v5 as a core team member 2006-2013
- Co-founding the PMI Agile Community of Practice 2008
- Steering Committee member for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certification 2010-2012
- PMI-SAC Mentor 2009-2010
- Co-author of the “Software Extension to the PMBOK Guide” 2011-2013
- PMI-SAC Professional Development Conference (PDC) presenter 2006-2013
- Author “PMI-ACP Exam Preparation” book 2012
- PMI Global Congress white papers and presentations 2005-2013
Mike is very grateful to receive this award and hopes to be active in the next 10 years of project management promotion and development.