On Wednesday Nov. 16th I will be presenting on how “PMOs often Present Multiple Obstacles for agile projects yet can also Provide Many Opportunities”. This is for our local A(P)LN chapter and is a dry run for next week when I am presenting it at the PMI-SAC Conference. Anyone who is around Calgary this Wednesday is welcome to attend this free event. Please just register in advance so we know how many drinks to plan for.
In the presentation we will explore:
• What is a PMO supposed to do anyway?
• How agile projects are often a misfit for PMOs
• A different kind of Game Theory to illustrate how PMOs can help
• Characteristics of an agile aligned PMO
• What are today’s PMO challenges?
• A case study for an award winning agile PMO
• Tomorrow’s PMO challenges and opportunities
I am looking forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new members too, I hope you can make it along.